Friday 9 May 2014

The Sensation that's Lupita Nyong'o!!!!

Hello Loves,

I knew I just had to write about this exceptional young woman the first time I saw her face on one of my friend's profile pictures. I didn't know then what I know now about her, and she hadn't yet won that Oscar that got her onto everyone's lips and made the whole of Hollywood want a piece of her; and I must say she deserves the limelight and attention given her because of her exceptional work, and the education she has put into her skill.

So here's my tribute to Miss Lupita

Born Lupita Amondi Nyong'o in Mexico on March 1st 1983, she is the 2nd born of 6 children to Kenyan parents of  Luo descent. She is of both Mexican and Kenyan citizenship; having moved back to Kenya when she was barely a year old. She grew up in Kenya before attending college in the States. She is a film and music video director. Amongst her accolades she holds the following in her name:

IB Diploma 2001                                   - St Mary's School         :Nairobi, Kenya
Bachelor's in Film and Theater Studies - Hampshire College     : USA
MFA 2012                                              - Yale School of Drama: USA
Herschel Williams Prize awarded to acting students with outstanding ability in 2011-2012
Winner 1st Prize Five College Film Festival  for the doccie In My Genes which she wrote, directed and produced.
Academy Award for Best supporting Actress

2014, one of the  Faces of
Mui Mui Spring Collection
April 2014, announced the new face of +Lancome USA

Okay enough with the talking ladies, I give you the beauty that's Lupita...........drumroll.........










smoochies
Gugu







No comments:

Post a Comment