Wednesday 30 April 2014

Winterize your Curls


I finally took the plunge this year and got the Big Chop (BC) after transitioning for 5 months! Yey!
My hair has been 100% natural for 4 months now and I must say I'm mighty proud with the texture, porosity, strength, and sheen of my hair ; and for the first time in my life I have healthy ends.
But the thing is natural hair needs specific care and I prefer an all organic approach.
With winter approching its important to be extra careful in your handling of your hair (natural or relaxed).
here are some simple steps to consider:
1. Deep Condition at least once a week. I recommend the LOC Method for my naturalistas.
L- Liquid: I use water as my liquid or green tea to spritz my hair after co-washing( shampoos tend to strip your hair even more in winter
O- Oil: follow with your choice of oil (coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba e.t.c) make sure your also coat your ends
C- Creme/Conditioner: I use Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Creme but any regular leave-in will do. Make sure you run your fingers through sectioned hair to ensure the entire head is coated and not just the surface
2. Drink Lots of water: this is not only good for your hair but overall health. 2l(8 glasses per day)
3. Eat 5 portion of fruit and veggies per day. A vitamin supplement will also help.
4. No heat girl!! Winter air is already hard on your hair so stay away from heat as much as you can and stow away that flat iron - I'm watching you
5. Keep your hair in protective styles like buns, twists, and try not to tie it tightly- we talking less manipulation
6. Beanies, hats, scarves the works- try to cover your hair as much as you can, and your hands,neck and be warm
And yes the gorgeous Pearl Thusi is the best to demonstrate with her lustrous locks! I'snt she just the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?! Follow her on twitter @PearlThusi


smoochies
Gugu

No comments:

Post a Comment